Future of Finance & CFO Summit, Wednesday - Conference Day 2
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration & Welcome Coffee Break
8:30 am - 8:40 am Chair’s Opening Remarks / Feedback / Polling
8:40 am - 9:00 am Leading through Change - Crafting the Finance Function of the Future...
The £7bn, historic merger between Paddy Power and Betfair in 2015 gave the unique opportunity for Mark to redefine his finance function, and to craft the optimal structure of his new organisation, with a clear focus on culture and people development. In this session, hear from Mark about the how the integration programme led to defining the new business, and what he expects for the finance function of the future...
9:00 am - 9:30 am Everybody is a Business Partner – Stepping out from the “Back Office” and Adding ValueCaroline Ackroyd - Chief Financial Officer, Push Doctor
Denise Padayachy - Finance Director Information Technology, Unilever PLC
Camila Thorsager Kastrup, - International Director & Finance Director, Itsu Groceries
Ashley Humphrey - EMEA Affinity Head of Finance, AON
Whether you have an established business partnering finance team, or are exploring business partnering as a way to realise the true value of finance, this session will highlight how to develop a successful partnering programme framework.
Business Partnering is essential in order for finance teams to prove their worth, finally moving out of the back office and into strategic decision-making roles.
In this session:
- Hear from panellists who deliver exceptional service to their business partners
- Retraining and reskilling your team into commercially-minded business partners
- How to measure business partnering best practice
Caroline AckroydChief Financial Officer
Denise PadayachyFinance Director Information Technology
Camila Thorsager Kastrup,International Director & Finance Director
Ashley HumphreyEMEA Affinity Head of Finance
9:30 am - 9:55 am The Ethics and the Numbers – Balancing CSR within FinanceHannah Heath - Group Finance Director, JoJo Maman Bebe Ltd
Catherine Empringham - Finance Director and Deputy Head, Ella's Kitchen
Whilst historically ethical concerns have not necessarily been the remit of the CFO and his or her team, that is changing. With consumers and millennial employees alike more concerned and aware of the impact of their purchasing power than ever before, has the time come for finance professionals to look at a wider definition of “cost” than that on the P&L?
In this session:
- Hear from representatives from BCorps and companies recognised on 2018’s “Most Ethical Companies List” about the practices they have implemented to help drive and foster ethical practice and business environments
Hannah HeathGroup Finance Director
JoJo Maman Bebe Ltd
Catherine EmpringhamFinance Director and Deputy Head
9:55 am - 10:25 am Brexit –Interactive Panel Discussion With Audience Q&A (Panel)David Guppy - CFO, Beano Studios
Growing concerns about Brexit and continuing uncertainty about the business climate following the UK leaving the EU persist, with CFOs now ranking Brexit as the top risk facing their business (after weak UK demand). Hopefully come February, there will be slightly more clarity on the potential implications of Brexit. In this session, hear from UK and European-based leaders about the potential impact on their businesses.
Learn and discuss:
- How finance leaders are deploying defensive strategies
- Whether moving operations oversees is worth considering in the wake of Brexit
- The long-term implications of Brexit
10:25 am - 10:55 am Networking Coffee Break
Process Finance Excellence10:55 am - 11:15 am Achieving Finance Process Excellence
- Overcoming objections to global process ownership
- Process mapping identifying areas of simplification
- Transform internal costs
People Excellence10:55 am - 11:15 am Bringing Together your Business and Finance – Creating an Adaptable, Transformative Finance Team Ashley Humphrey - EMEA Affinity Head of Finance, AON
In this session, hear from Aon’s EMEA Affinity Finance Head, about how over the course of two years, she has transformed her business from the worst to the best performing in the group.
Learn how to:
- Effectively business partner – the importance of staying close to the business
- Create proactive stakeholder engagement champions
- Embed CI at the heart of your Finance team
Ashley HumphreyEMEA Affinity Head of Finance
Process Finance Excellence11:15 am - 11:35 am Finance Business Partnering Excellence
- Traits of a commercial business partner
- “Stepping out” of finance
- Re-educating your business and re-training your staff
- Communicate and influence – raising the value of finance
People Excellence11:15 am - 11:35 am Finance Automation Implications – Enhanced Workflows and Intelligent Reporting
In this session, learn how the Head of Finance Transformation & Automation for Barclays Africa is truly utilising machine learning and automation within finance, enhancing workflows and automating entire end-to-end processes, which is leading to developing an intelligent reporting framework. Understand the implication of automation on the future of his operations, and how to coach and train your team through their automation journey.
11:35 am - 11:55 am Technological Innovation – From Legacy Systems to Single-instance ERP
In this session, hear how a multinational conglomerate has transformed its finance function through
implementing one ERP system.
- The catalyst for change – why it was imperative that the business updated it’s system architecture
- Liaising with IT – overcoming stumbling blocks and delays
- Dealing with “change fatigue” how to engage and deliver successful programmes
11:55 am - 12:25 pm Blockchain and Finance – Pipe Dream or the Next Big Thing?
The potential implications of Blockchain on the Finance Function are vast, but what are the stumbling blocks
holding us back from this technology?
In this session, discover how Blockchain has the potential to completely revolutionalise the payments industry,
and the knock-on implications on the future-facing finance function…
12:25 pm - 1:45 pm Networking Lunch
IDG Q1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Extractive Industries, Oil and Gas Mining
IDG R1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Government and NFP
IDG S1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Retail and Hospitality
IDG T1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Media
IDG U1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Pharmaceutical Companies
IDG V1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Utilities and Construction
IDG W1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Transportation and Logistics
IDG X1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Is company turnover more important to you than industry?
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Digitalisation and the Skills Revolution for FinanceKathryn Sherratt - CFO, Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Digitalisation is fast becoming all pervasive across businesses - ranging from operational effectiveness and revenue generation to the increasing risk of cyber and security breaches. In this talk, Kathryn Sherratt shall discuss how we are preparing for this change against the backdrop of McKinsey research which suggests robots could replace 800 million jobs by 2030. Through this, a ‘skills revolution’ could open a raft of opportunities according to the WEF with a focus on independent thinking, values and team work as the repetitive/routine is replaced even more by automation.
In this keynote, Kathryn will argue that the advent of automation will actually increase the importance of human-to-human interactions. She posits that:
- In the future, “soft skills”, the ability to find information, synthesise it and importantly make something of it will become increasing vital.
- High-level personal skills are becoming rare as the stereotypical millennial shifts quickly from human contact towards technological interaction, socially, culturally and professionally.
- Personal relationships will become increasingly unique, powerful and essential in both our professional and personal lives
Financial Services Compensation Scheme