Future of Finance & CFO Summit, Monday - Workshop Day
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Welcome Coffee Break
Workshop A9:00 am - 10:30 am Setting Your Future Finance Transformation Strategy: Recalibrate Your Operations and Drive Business Efficiency
Sometimes it is necessary to reinvent the wheel. Outdated legacy systems, manual, messy processes and workflows, and employees who need to be reskilled to embrace digitisation are all common aspects of the “pre-transformation” journey.
In this session, strategise how your finance function is required to transform, and walk away with a clear plan for the future.
You will discuss:
- What is your “transformation catalyst?” What are the underlying business requirements that are causing the need for you to change?
- What are the tools you need to successfully transform your ways of working? Whether this is a new, cloud-based ERP system, simplified and standardised processes
- Is outsourcing the right decision? If so, which model (captive, hybrid, or outsourced) will work best for your business?
Workshop B9:00 am - 10:30 am Enter the Robo-ccountants: Intelligently Automate to Digitally Enable Your Finance Function
Digitally disrupting and automating finance is compelling, not solely from a cost perspective, but finance leaders need to consider the implications to their existing operations. In order to this, they need to understand what can be automated, and will be required to rethink how processes and organisations adapt to this new technology.
In this session, develop a clear understanding of the full impact of a digitally enabled finance function.
You will learn:
- What should you automate first? What are the “easy wins” associated with automation?
- Do you need to standardise your processes before you automate them?
- What are the realities of an RPA implementation? What are the key stumbling blocks associated with implementation, and how can you avoid these?
- How do you harmonise your “bot” and “human” workforce? What training and reskilling is necessary?
- What are the limits of automation? What are the implications on your team?
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning refreshments
Workshop C11:00 am - 12:30 pm Forward Talent –Addressing and Narrowing the Skills Gap Within Finance Ali Barker - EMEA Finance Training and Development Director, Johnson & Johnson
It is indisputable that the role of finance has evolved away from a purely back office function and towards being a valued part of the business which generates business insight, and the knock on implication of this is that the skills finance leaders look for has also changed.
In this session, learn:
- Why are so many finance leaders struggling to find top talent?
- Where are the skills gaps in finance teams?
- Make yourself invaluable – top tips to becoming a commercial and strategic asset to your business
Ali BarkerEMEA Finance Training and Development Director
Johnson & Johnson
Workshop D11:00 am - 12:30 pm Managing your Human and Virtual Workforce: Getting the Most out of your Digital Transformation
We’ve all heard the headlines – robots are poised to reshape how the finance function works and businesses who have a clear “automation strategy” can step into a new era of productivity and organisational performance.
But how do you integrate your human and virtual workforce, ensuring your digital transformation is a success?
In this session, discover:
- How to discuss automation with your team
- Should you “humanise” your bots?
- Training and development – getting your finance function “automation ready”
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Networking Lunch
Workshop E1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Change Management and Culture Creation – Creating an Adaptable, Proactive Function for Future Finance Success
Change is inevitable, and yet too often business leaders fail to adequately prepare for the factor that will have the greatest impact on whether a transformation project is successful or not –it’s people.
In this session:
- Learn how to communicate a business transformation to your team. What will this mean for them?
- Senior stakeholder buy-in: do you have the support of an internal sponsor for your transformation? Who do you need “on-side”?
- Top-down or bottom-up? How to enact change
- Dealing with “transformation fatigue”. Inspiring and impacting real change
Workshop F1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Predictive Analytics, Creating Value from Your Data to Establish Clear Business Insight Anwar Mirza - Head of Global Data Governance, TNT
Perhaps the biggest opportunity for finance professionals is how to utilise the wealth of data available to them. With organisations requiring information in real time, there is a need to re-establish a clear strategy surrounding your data.
In this session:
- Understand how to cut through the numbers
- Cut down on reporting - control your data and provide business clarity
- Reacting to the numbers – increasing business agility
Anwar MirzaHead of Global Data Governance
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon coffee break
Workshop G3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Business Partnering 101 - Stepping "Outside" of Finance to Provide Greater Business Value
It is undeniable that the role of the finance professional has changed drastically in recent years.
In today’s ultra-connected world, consumers and professionals expect and demand data and information immediately, in real time. This shift, along with the reality of transactional work being outsourced or automated, means that finance need to step out from behind the excel spreadsheet and start truly communicating with the business.
In this session:
- What are the soft-skills needed for finance business partnering? What is a true business partner, anyway?
- Re-educating both the business and finance – how to instill a “partner-first” approach?
- Reskilling your team – ensuring they can communicate and add value to the business.
- Secondment outside of finance – imperative or non-essential?
Workshop H3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Artificial Intelligence and You – What are the Implications of Machine Learning & Cognitive on the Future Facing Finance Function?
Viewed by many as the next significant advance in finance, AI encompasses a wide range of technological advances.
The potential benefits to CFOs who invest in AI are vast, and there are a myriad of opportunities to apply AI in finance. Just how far can AI take your business?
In this session:
- What do we mean when we talk about AI within finance?
- Are there missing opportunities within finance that AI could help with?
- What can Chatbots do for your finance function? Digitalising data capture and resolving errors
- Supporting the wave – does finance need a completely new skillset to compute this information? Should your next hire be a data scientist?