Future of Finance & CFO Summit, Monday - Workshop Day
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Welcome Coffee Break
Workshop A9:00 am - 10:30 am Setting Your Future Finance Transformation Strategy: Recalibrate Your Operations and Drive Business Efficiency Rakesh Sangani - Managing Partner, Proservartner
Anna Thom - Global Head, Finance Transformation Office, Elsevier
Sometimes it is necessary to reinvent the wheel. Outdated legacy systems, manual, messy processes and workflows, and employees who need to be reskilled to embrace digitisation are all common aspects of the “pre-transformation” journey.
In this session, strategise how your finance function is required to transform, and walk away with a clear plan for the future.
You will discuss:
- What is your “transformation catalyst?” What are the underlying business requirements that are causing the need for you to change?
- What are the tools you need to successfully transform your ways of working? Whether this is a new, cloud-based ERP system, simplified and standardised processes
- Is outsourcing the right decision? If so, which model (captive, hybrid, or outsourced) will work best for your business?
Rakesh SanganiManaging Partner
Anna ThomGlobal Head, Finance Transformation Office
Workshop B9:00 am - 10:30 am How Enterprise Robotics follow your instructions to seamlessly handle your Finance Operations
Redwood Software helps companies unleash their untapped potential. We free people from the costs, risks and wasted time of manual business process.
Across the entire Finance function, the latest robots know how to perform manual financial and accounting tasks and controls, complete documentation and maintain an audit trail. They interact with approvers and supervisors when needed, providing a dynamic dashboard of global progress.
With strategic partnerships with SAP and Oracle, we are the world leader in process robotics and automation. More than 3,000 customers worldwide, use Redwood solutions to robotize end-to-end processes across Record to Report (R2R), Order to Cash (O2C), Purchase to Pay (P2P), HR, IT and Supply Chain.
Through a series of case studies and a demonstration, we will examine the attributes of an enterprise-grade robotics solution, how this next generation of knowledgeable robots can completely revolutionize shared services delivery capability and real-world customer examples of the application of robotics across complex global organisations.
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning refreshments
Workshop C11:00 am - 12:30 pm Forward Talent –Addressing and Narrowing the Skills Gap Within Finance Ali Barker - EMEA Finance Training and Development Director, Johnson & Johnson
It is indisputable that the role of finance has evolved away from a purely back office function and towards being a valued part of the business which generates business insight, and the knock on implication of this is that the skills finance leaders look for has also changed.
In this session, learn:
- Why are so many finance leaders struggling to find top talent?
- Where are the skills gaps in finance teams?
- Make yourself invaluable – top tips to becoming a commercial and strategic asset to your business
Ali BarkerEMEA Finance Training and Development Director
Johnson & Johnson
Workshop D11:00 am - 12:30 pm Managing your Human and Virtual Workforce: Getting the Most out of your Digital Transformation
We’ve all heard the headlines – robots are poised to reshape how the finance function works and businesses who have a clear “automation strategy” can step into a new era of productivity and organisational performance.
But how do you integrate your human and virtual workforce, ensuring your digital transformation is a success?
In this session, discover:
- How to discuss automation with your team
- Should you “humanise” your bots?
- Training and development – getting your finance function “automation ready”
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Networking Lunch
Workshop E1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Change Management and Culture Creation – Creating an Adaptable, Proactive Function for Future Finance Success
Change is inevitable, and yet too often business leaders fail to adequately prepare for the factor that will have the greatest impact on whether a transformation project is successful or not –it’s people.
In this session:
- Learn how to communicate a business transformation to your team. What will this mean for them?
- Senior stakeholder buy-in: do you have the support of an internal sponsor for your transformation? Who do you need “on-side”?
- Top-down or bottom-up? How to enact change
- Dealing with “transformation fatigue”. Inspiring and impacting real change
Workshop F1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Narrative Performance Reporting – the story behind the numbers
Let’s face it, it could be made simpler, more predictable and scalable whilst remaining
compliant. In this fast-paced industry, too many tasks add to labour intensity - resulting in an increase in cost and time, and ultimately a decrease in efficiency.
How do you cope with this challenge?
Use this opportunity as a chance to benchmark your current process with other executives who face the same problems. Certent are keen to understand your key challenges, and demonstrate how we provide a solution to address them and
share the value of our offering. We will provide discussion topics, which will help improve your processes and give you something to take back to your working day.
We will discuss:
·What reports you produce today and across the organisation and what systems you use to produce these reports
·The challenges you face to produce these reports and the impact of these
You will Discover:
·By removing these challenges what would be the benefits, what extra value would you be providing and what else could you be doing if you removed these challenges
Wayne Isaac FCCA, EMEA Solution Engineer, Certent
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon coffee break
Workshop G3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Business Partnering 101 - Stepping "Outside" of Finance to Provide Greater Business Value
It is undeniable that the role of the finance professional has changed drastically in recent years.
In today’s ultra-connected world, consumers and professionals expect and demand data and information immediately, in real time. This shift, along with the reality of transactional work being outsourced or automated, means that finance need to step out from behind the excel spreadsheet and start truly communicating with the business.
In this session:
- What are the soft-skills needed for finance business partnering? What is a true business partner, anyway?
- Re-educating both the business and finance – how to instill a “partner-first” approach?
- Reskilling your team – ensuring they can communicate and add value to the business.
- Secondment outside of finance – imperative or non-essential?
Workshop H3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Artificial Intelligence and You – What are the Implications of Machine Learning & Cognitive on the Future Facing Finance Function?
Viewed by many as the next significant advance in finance, AI encompasses a wide range of technological advances.
The potential benefits to CFOs who invest in AI are vast, and there are a myriad of opportunities to apply AI in finance. Just how far can AI take your business?
In this session:
- What do we mean when we talk about AI within finance?
- Are there missing opportunities within finance that AI could help with?
- What can Chatbots do for your finance function? Digitalising data capture and resolving errors
- Supporting the wave – does finance need a completely new skillset to compute this information? Should your next hire be a data scientist?