Head of Global Finance PMO
3:00 PM Setting your Vision for Business Partnering Success – Stepping “Outside” of Finance to Provide Greater Business Value
It is undeniable that the role of the finance professional has changed drastically in recent years.
In today’s ultra-connected world, consumers and professionals expect and demand data and information immediately, in real time. This shift, along with the reality of transactional work being outsourced or automated, means that finance need to step out from behind the excel spreadsheet and start truly communicating with the business.
In this session:
· What are the soft-skills needed for finance business partnering? What is a true business partner, anyway?
· Re-educating both the business and finance – how to instill a “partner-first” approach?
· Reskilling your team – ensuring they can communicate and add value to the business.
· Secondment outside of finance – imperative or non-essential?
It is undeniable that the role of finance professional has changed drastically within recent years, and this transformation shows no sign of slowing down. Automation, outsourcing, and increasing business demands require a different type of finance leadership, elevating the role of accountant into a strategic and commercially-aware business partner.
In this keynote:
· People and partnering: the role transformation within finance
· Bridging the gap between “finance and business”: evaluating the necessary skillsets
· Exploring the impact of technological innovation on your function and on your business